On OCTOBER 10, 2009 I will be taking part in a 1-day leadership event hosted on the Newsong Irvine campus that will probably change the world. That’s right! I just said something really bold and let me go even further by taking out the “probably” and state that this conference WILL change the world. Now that I have your attention, let me list out for you the reasons why YOU should be here too:
- It’s completely, 100% FREE. (Let’s get the money excuse out of the way!)
- It’s worth the drive, commute, flight (9 AM to 9 PM – that’s 1 packed day!)
- A couple amazing leaders will be throwing down some wisdom (Dave Gibbons, Erwin McManus)
- When was the last time you saw THREE incredible churches put aside their own agendas to collaborate for ONE amazing conference? (Mosaic, Newsong and New Hope representin’!)
- When was the last time a conference was really focused on LOVING and DOING something with our knowledge rather than simply LEARNING and getting fat like a intellectual/spiritual couch potato?
- Music will probably be unlike anything you’ve heard!
- Find out how you can be an agent of unleashing beauty wherever you are in life, whatever you do!
- and yes, I heard a rumor that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit will be there. Can’t forget that headlining act… ever!
A few weeks ago, I wrote a song called “Unleash Your Beauty” and shared it at Newsong. Hope, if anything, this is the final thing that inspires you to join me and many others at this life and world-changing, 1-day, FREE conference!
almost 2 weeks ago, i shared my song in progress “Unleash Your Beauty”. At the time it was just the chorus and bridge but at the bidding of my friend Sam Song, I finished the tune in the next couple days and shared it that same week at Newsong on Sunday. here’s the live, complete version– acoustic style. hope you like. excited to share my process and progress with you. thanks for listening.
(disclaimer: this post does not represent anyone else’s thoughts rather than my own! it is meant to foster healthy discussion, not merely controversy)
something just hit me right now as i read this interesting U.S. Today article entitled “Is Secularism Saving Marriage?” (go ahead and click to read if you want)
basically, the main supposition of this piece is that while the Church provides many great tools and principles to help marriages last, the overall (more…)
i wrote this song this morning and it was one of those times where everything flowed out and i was able to have 2 verses, chorus and bridge happen in 1 hour… a (relatively) complete song.
i recorded this RIGHT after i thought i finished it so it’s raw, shaky, and even a plane flies by in the middle of the song. hope you can envision this song at its best despite the quality and performance!
a song about the longing we all have to know and be known by our father (both senses of the word).
i’ve been helping to facilitate a worship leader’s class at Newsong Irvine which takes place every 2 weeks on Tuesday nights. (Worship leaders, for you non-church folk, are generally people who are the “lead singers” for the musical band at a church.)
it’s been incredible fun and I love the people who make up this group! the first 5 weeks were spent on building theological backing for why we do what we do and the final couple sessions will be focused on practical, hands-on type of learning.
here’re my notes for song selection and setlist formation. these lists are obviously not exhaustive and could use your input as well! please feel free to ask for clarification or add your own thoughts in the comments field below! hope this could be a resource to some of you. thanks!