10 North is a soon-to-be non-profit organization that seeks to serve under-resourced areas around the world through the mobilization of health care professionals and resources.
They have organized a Coffeehouse Fundraiser Night and I hope you’ll come support a great cause (and hear our music!):
WHEN: Saturday, July 25, 2009 @ 7:00 PM
WHERE: Newsong Irvine Foyer (18842 Teller Ave, Irvine, CA 92612)
WHY: The proceeds from the evening will be used to purchase a fetal heartrate monitor and a microscope that will be donated to a clinic in rural Thailand.
SUGGESTED DONATION: $20 BUT, they do ask that you come any way and give what you can if money is an issue!
WHO WILL PERFORM:
DK and Sadie (me and my wife!)
FYI, Sadie and I will be the first act (we need to go home and put our baby to sleep!)
See you there!
i saw this video featured on digg.com and i felt like punching this complete idiot (i feel violent sometimes but i never carry it out… i promise i don’t have an anger issue… i don’t think…)
check it out. a girl drops the F-Bomb in her frantic request to 911 for an ambulance so the cop on the other line decides to give her a lesson in minding her verbal manners:
can you believe the nerve of this crazy man?
a life could have been lost because he felt that he should make a stand for his lame “morals” in a time of crisis. someone’s father is on the floor convulsing, about to die, leave
my heart has been heavy these days. at the risk of sounding way too open and vulnerable in a much too public arena such as this, these are some of the things i’m wrestling and dealing with:
- my neighbors upstairs have 3 kids who run around and play in their apartment like it was Chuck E Cheese. despite our continual pleas for peace and quiet– including one episode where I actually ran up and pounded on their door (they refused to open their door to talk), they have been testing our every last nerve. we have a 7 month old who still needs to sleep throughout the day so this adds to the stress. at any rate, the good news is that the management has agreed to disallow a renewal of their lease but August 31 couldn’t come any sooner.
- i am tapping into my already-miniscule and quickly-depleting savings account to help pay for our rent this month, prompting the serious need for me to pick up a second job or for my wife to start working while caring for our kid– neither of which are fun options for us. ( record execs, if you are reading this, please give my music a chance. I promise I sound better than my vimeo clips show– i need to provide for my family.)
- i am contemplating the fragility of life in light of what took place last week with multiple celebrity deaths– MJ, Farrah, Ed McMahon and even Billy Mays, the consummate infomercial pitchman. Late night TV will never be the same again.
- of course it’s sad that we make a bigger deal out of celebrity deaths than the millions that die in poorer countries due to war as well as lack of food, shelter and vaccines. but let’s talk about that one some other time…
- i am realizing how different my life is now at this stage of life and how the relationships around me are changing.
- i am dealing with the reality of heartache and sadness when a hero falls.